Supplies: cardstock (American Crafts, Bazzill); patterned paper (October Afternoon); letter stickers (American Crafts, My Mind's Eye, Making Memories); edge punches (EK Success, Martha Stewart Crafts); die cut machine (Silhouette, Sizzix); buckle die (Sizzix); spray ink (Studio Calico, October Afternoon); ink (Ranger); paper clip, string (craft supple); deco edge scissors (Provo Craft)
Kiwi Lane Templates: Tiny Wacky, Tiny Tags
Here was my challenge:
- Use something nautical (I used my Silhouette to make the anchor)
- 2 pages
- 9 photos
- blue, yellow, green and white for colors
- use deco edge scissors (I made the yellow zig zag)
- use a ribbon slide (I didn't have one in my stash, but I did have a die for ribbon buckles, so I made one really quick)
- misting (I did yellow and blue on the background- took me 3 days to get enough courage to do it- misting scares me!)
- hand journaling on a cloud shape (enter my trusty Kiwi Lane templates!)
This layout had a few things that were definitely a challenge and pushed me out of my box (misting!!) and a few things to help me remember to use my oldies, but goodies (deco edge scissors, ribbon slide die)- which I'm glad for! Sometimes I find myself getting in creative ruts, and hopefully this group with help me push myself in new crafting directions!
So what do you think? Did I meet my challenge?
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Scrapping!